Bacon Up® Maryland-Style Crab Cakes
For the best texture, use lump crab meat, little filler and cook in a hot skillet with Bacon Up. Serve with lemon wedges, arugula, cocktail sauce or your favorite remoulade sauce.
Course: Main Course
- Large Bowl
- Skillet (I like Cast Iron!)
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Up® Bacon Grease
- 1 large Egg
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 lb Fresh Lump Crab Meat
- 2/3 cup Saltine Cracker Crumbs (about 14 crackers)
- Lemon wedges, arugula, cocktail sauce or remoulade sauce OPTIONAL - to garnish/dip in
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg, mayonnaise, parsley, Dijon, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, lemon juice and salt together in a large bowl.
- Place the crab meat on top, followed by the cracker crumbs. Very gently, fold together. You don’t want to break up the crab meat.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to one day.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of Bacon Up in a skillet, they fry cakes for about 3 minutes per side, or until brown crust forms on both sides of the crab cakes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, arugula, cocktail sauce or your favorite remoulade sauce.