Monica's Bacon Up® Loaded Potato Tot Nacho Bar
This idea is a platform for your creativity - and Bacon Up brings even more flavor to the unlimited possibilities! Don't want to deep fry your potato tots? See the Notes section for tips on baking them with Bacon Up!
- Large Pot, Deep Fryer, OR Baking Sheet
- If frying in pot or fryer, you'll need a Fry Basket
- Small Saucepan
- Jar with Lid (to refrigerate Pickled Jalapeños)
- Small Bowl with Lid (to mix and refrigerate Sriracha Crema)
- Cast Iron Skillet or Baking Sheet
Potato Tot Nachos
- Bacon Up® Bacon Grease amount will vary depending on whether you're frying or baking
- 1 bag Frozen Potato Tots
- 1 cup Chili with beans homemade or your favorite canned variety
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese OR Queso
- 1 medium Red Onion chopped
- Pickled Jalapeño (see below)
- 4 Jalapeños sliced
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 clove Garlic sliced
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Sriracha
- 1 Lime juiced
- to taste Sea Salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, garlic, sugar, and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced jalapeños to the pickling mixture, stirring well. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar the jalapeños and enough liquid to cover. With lid on, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Mix sour cream, sriracha, sea salt and lime juice together in a small bowl. Allow it to sit, unrefrigerated, for 90 minutes
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Potato Tot Nachos (Fried) - see Note below for Baking Tips
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add to a large pot of deep fryer enough Bacon Up® Bacon Grease to fry in. Heat to 375°F.
- Slowly drop a basket of Potato Tots into the grease and cook for 3 minutes
- Drain tots onto a paper towel, sprinkle on salt and transfer to a cast iron skillet or baking pan. Repeat until all tots are finished.
- Spread tots in a single layer, then add heated chili to the tots and top with shredded cheddar or drizzled queso.
- Place back into the 450°F oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with pickled jalapeños, red onion, cilantro and Sriracha crema.
- Serve and enjoy
Don’t want to FRY? Bake with Bacon Up!
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Melt a couple of tablespoons of Bacon Up on a cookie sheet.
- Layer the potato tots on the baking sheet and toss around until well covered.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.
- Proceed to top and garnish with your favorites, as above.