SPIRITED CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES – WITH BACON UP AND BOURBON
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tbsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Bacon Up
- 1/2 cup Butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp Bourbon
- 1 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 Eggs
- 10 oz. chocolate chips (dark chocolate recommended)
- 1 lb Thick cut bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- [OPTIONAL: If using the bacon, bake it for 15-20 minutes on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Drain on paper towels, then crumble or dice into small pieces and set aside.]
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat on low to blend the butter, bacon fat, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the bourbon, vanilla, and eggs and continue beating on low until thoroughly blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture while on low, until completely combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and crumbled bacon, if using.
- Scoop and round a tablespoon of dough and drop onto baking sheet. Continue filling both baking sheets, placing dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool and repeat the process until the cookie dough is all baked.
- Cookies may be kept airtight for a week or may be frozen for up to a month.