Strawberry Bacon Up popovers
- 1 tbsp Bacon Up® bacon grease
- 2 tbsp Strawberry preserves
- 1 package Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Spoon the Bacon Up bacon grease and preserves into a small casserole (preferably rectangular) that can go from microwave to freezer (Pyrex, etc.).
- Microwave for 15-30 seconds until the two ingredients melt, then stir to mix.
- After thoroughly blended, place the dish in the freezer for several hours.
- After the mixture is solid, use a sharp knife to cut 12 strawberry/bacon squares (4 rows x 3 columns).
- Preheat the oven, as indicated on the crescent rolls.
- Open the crescent rolls and, one at a time, unroll a triangular piece of dough, place a strawberry/bacon square near the wide end of the dough, and fold the corners in to cover the strawberry mixture. Make sure the dough completely covers the filling and pinch the edges to seal.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake as directed.
- Transfer baked pop-overs to a serving plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar.