Bacon Up Pimento Cheese Spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese (bring to room temperature first, if using a block)
- 1/4 cup Bacon Up® bacon grease
- 1/4 tsp garlic pepper
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash Worcestershire sauce (or Tabasco if you prefer more heat)
- 4 ounce jar pimentos or roasted red peppers (if using the latter, you’ll need to cut them into smaller pieces before adding)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded gouda
- (Note that many people prefer shredding their own cheese, since packaged shredded cheese includes a non-stick coating)
- Mix together garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Stir in Worcestershire or Tabasco sauce.
- Add cream cheese and Bacon Up bacon grease to seasoning mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in pimentos and cheese until well blended.
- Cover and chill for an hour or more to allow the flavors to develop.