Crisp warm tortillas cooked in Bacon Up® are an irresistible thing! When you fill them with cheese, meat or vegetables, they just get better.
Course: Appetizer, Main Course, Snack
Keyword: Cast Iron, Tex-Mex
Large non-stick skillet (I prefer cast iron)
4TablespoonsBacon Up® Bacon Grease
3cupsshredded cheesecheddar, Monterey jack, pepper jack, fontina, Swiss, or mozzarella
1 1/2 - 2cupsoptional fillingsee below
Preheat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of Bacon Up® to the skillet.
Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of cheese, ¼ cup of your favorite filling, and an additional 2-3 tablespoons of cheese on just one half of the open tortilla. Fold the tortilla over, place in hot skillet, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
When the cheese has begun to melt and the bottom of the tortilla is browning slightly, flip the folded quesadilla over to cook the other side. Continue to cook until all the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp around the edges.
Using a spatula, transfer the quesadilla back to a cutting board and cut into wedges while it is hot, and serve warm. Repeat as desired. Enjoy!
Suggested quesadilla combinations: (get creative and have fun with it!)
• pulled pork, onions, and mozzarella cheese
• chopped chicken, peppers, and pepper jack cheese
• chopped baby spinach, thin mushrooms, chopped chicken, fontina
• thinly sliced apple, fontina, and cheddar cheese
• roasted broccoli and cheddar cheese
• thinly sliced mushrooms, zucchini, and Monterey jack cheese
• scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon or sausage, cheddar cheese
• roasted green chile peppers, cheese (cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack)