Prep time: 30 minutes Total time: 45 minutes
10 oz frozen or fresh baby lima beans (2 cups)
4 center-cut bacon slices
3 T Bacon Up bacon grease
1 cup sweet onion – chopped (1 small onion)
1 cup fresh okra – ½” slices (about 4 oz of okra)
1 t garlic – chopped (about 1 clove)
3 cups corn kernels (about 4 ears or 1 large+1 small can)
1 t coarse salt (sea salt, Kosher, etc.)
¼ t black pepper
1 cup cherry tomatoes – halved (about 5 oz)
¼ cup fresh basil – thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, cover lima beans with water, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- As beans are cooking, crisp bacon slices in a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Remove to a paper towel to cool, then crumble.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Bacon Up to the bacon drippings in skillet and add the onion, okra, and garlic, stirring often. Cook about 6 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add corn, lima beans salt and pepper and continue cooking until corn is tender, stirring often (about 5-6 minutes if corn is fresh, 3-4 minutes if corn is canned).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cherry tomatoes and basil. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the top and serve immediately.