Steakhouse Filet Mignon with Bacon Up®
Enhance a great cut of beef with the rich flavor of Bacon Up® Bacon Grease!
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 Filet Mignons (or more, as needed - 3 pictured)
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Up® Bacon Grease
- to taste Sea Salt and Fresh-Ground Pepper
- 2 pats Butter
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Pat filets dry with paper towel, brush with Bacon Up, season with salt and pepper or your favorite rub.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle/melt the Bacon Up in the hot skillet and place steaks face down.
- Cook all sides for 2 minutes each, or until golden brown.
- Place a pat of butter on top of each steak and place into the oven to cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the internal temperature is at 125°F for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and spoon the butter back over the steaks.
- Let the meat cool for 10 minutes prior to slicing and serving. Enjoy!!!!