Easy Bacon Up®Fajitas
- Large skillet (I love using cast iron for this!)
- Small mixing bowl
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Ground cumin
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 3 Chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Onion thinly sliced
- 3 Bell peppers thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Bacon Up® Bacon Grease
- 1/2 Lime
- You may use your favorite pre-mixed packet of fajita seasoning OR make your own by combining in a small mixing bowl the Seasoning Mix ingredients listed. Stir together to mix well.
- Generously sprinkle the fajita seasoning on both sides of the chicken and use your fingers to press it into the chicken.
- Heat the Bacon Up in a large skillet over medium heat. Sear the chicken breasts for about 7-8 minutes on each side.
- While your chicken is cooking, cut the bell peppers and onion into thin slices.
- Once the chicken has finished cooking, remove it to a plate and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Add the bell peppers and onion to the same skillet over medium heat and sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- When the bell peppers are just about done sautéing, slice the chicken breasts into strips.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice, and stir everything together.
- Serve with you favorite tortillas. I love to warm the tortillas first in the skillet with a scoop of Bacon Up® Bacon Grease!