Classic Chili with Bacon Up®
- Large pot
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Up® Bacon Grease
- 2 medium Onions chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- Salt to taste
- 2 cans Kidney Beans
- 2 14-oz cans Tomatoes crushed or diced, depending on how smooth or chunky you prefer it
- 1 cup Water
- 1 lb Ground Beef OR Ground Turkey browned thoroughly
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese OPTIONAL
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream OPTIONAL
- Fresh Parsley OR Cilantro, chopped OPTIONAL
- Melt the Bacon Up in a large pot.
- Add chopped onions and green pepper, stirring until softened -- 5-7minutes.
- Add minced garlic, salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder. Stir for another minute.
- Add in beans, tomatoes, water, and browned ground beef or turkey.
- Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened -- 35-45 minutes, adjusting the heat as needed. Add more salt, to taste, if desired.
- Garnish, if desired, with sour cream, shredded cheese, and fresh parsley or cilantro.