Whether it’s the night before (ideal!) or even just 20 minutes before frying, you can add moisture and flavor to your turkey fry with an injection recipe. And adding Bacon Up will take it to the next level, of course!
This “KICKED-UP” injection features Worcestershire and hot sauce.
- 2 Sticks of Butter (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup of Bacon Up Bacon Grease
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons of hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste (a dash or two, for us)
Step 1: In a sauce pan, heat butter and Bacon Up until melted. Stir in the other sauces and seasonings. Turn off heat and allow to cool until injection fluid can be safely handled.
Step 2: Using a meat injection syringe, insert about 2 tablespoons at a time directly into evenly distributed spots around the breast and white meat sections of the turkey. Be sure the turkey is completely thawed first and also be sure to get the needle all the way into the meat, not just under the skin. (Don’t worry too much about the legs and dark meat – they generally have enough fat and flavor to stand on their own.)