BACON UP AND GARLIC POTATO SMASH-UPS
Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
- 1 lb red potatoes
- 4 tbsp Bacon Up bacon grease
- 2 cloves or tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 Cup shredded gouda (or your favorite cheese)
- Bacon bits to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Clean potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover with water, add salt and bring to boil. Cook 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, but leave potatoes in pot.
- Add the Bacon Up bacon grease and toss with garlic, rosemary, and smoked paprika.
- Transfer coated potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet, covered with foil or parchment paper. Using a potato smasher or the bottom of a small glass or mason jar, flatten each potato into a disc or patty. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and the potatoes are crispy on the bottom.
- Garnish with bacon bits, if desired.