Prep time: 20 minutes, Total time: 45 minutes
6 side dish servings
1 lb. red potatoes
4 tbsp. Bacon Up bacon grease
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. chopped rosemary
1 tsp. smoked paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
3/4 c. shredded gouda (or your favorite cheese)
Bacon bits to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Clean potatoes and place in a large pot. Cover with water, add salt and bring to boil. Cook 15-20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Drain, but leave potatoes in pot.
- Add the Bacon Up bacon grease and toss with garlic, rosemary, and smoked paprika.
- Transfer coated potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet, covered with foil or parchment paper. Using a potato smasher or the bottom of a small glass or mason jar, flatten each potato into a disc or patty. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake about 20 minutes until cheese is melted and the potatoes are crispy on the bottom.
- Garnish with bacon bits, if desired.