Bacon Up® Fried Eggs
Try something new next time you fry your eggs: Substitute Bacon Up® Bacon Grease instead of the butter or oil you usually use. All the flavor of cooking with bacon grease – without the mess of frying bacon!
- Cooking 1 egg? Pull out a small skillet, preferably cast iron.
- Cooking 2 eggs? Use a medium-to-large skillet - again, we prefer cast iron!
- small bowl or ramekin
- Eggs your choice on quantity!
- Bacon Up® Bacon Grease approx 1 tablespoon per egg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin and place it near the stove. Warm your skillet over medium-high heat until it’s hot enough that a drop of water sizzles rapidly on contact.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the Bacon Up to the pan. Gently tilt the pan around so the bacon grease covers the base of the pan as it melts. The Bacon Up should be so warm that it shimmers on the pan (if not, give it a little more time to warm up).
- Carefully pour the egg into the skillet (if you’re planning to add another egg to the same pan, pour it onto the side so there’s room for another).
- Let the egg cook, until the edges are crisp and golden and the yolk is cooked to your liking, about 2 minutes for runny yolks or 2 ½ to 3 minutes for medium yolks. (If you’re adding another egg to the skillet, go ahead and do it while the other is cooking.)
- Transfer the cooked egg(s) to a plate and season to taste with salt and pepper. If you’d like to cook more eggs in the same skillet, add another scoop of Bacon Up, leave the heat at medium (you might even need to dial it down a bit to avoid smoking) and add your next egg. Repeat as necessary.