Bacon Up® French Toast
This classic French Toast recipe is easy and delicious to make, perfect for breakfast or brunch on the weekend.
- medium-sized frypan
- mixing bowl
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tsp Sugar (optiona)
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla (optional)
- 8 slices Bread
- Bacon Up® Bacon Grease for frying
- Whisk the eggs and milk (plus the sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla - if using), until well combined.
- Heat a medium-sized frypan over medium heat and add a tablespoon of Bacon Up® Bacon Grease.
- Dip two bread slices in the egg mixture for 30 seconds before flipping over for another 30 seconds.
- Place the bread slices in the frypan and cook for 5 minutes each side over medium to medium low heat. Check every few minutes to make sure the French toast isn't burning.
- To determine if the toast is ready, press in the center; if it springs back, it's cooked through. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Serve with your favorite maple syrup.