Bacon Up® Extra Crispy Fried Chicken
Frying this family favorite in Bacon Up® Bacon Grease provides a richer flavor and great, crispy texture that everyone will LOVE!
Course: Main Course
Keyword: Cast Iron
- Shallow bowl
- Zip-top plastic bag (large)
- Large skillet (I love cast iron!) or a deep-fryer
- Rack or platter with paper towels (to drain/crisp up after fried)
- 3 Pounds Chicken cut into pieces
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Seasoned salt optional
- 1 Cup All-purpose flour
- 2 Cups Bacon Up® Bacon Grease
- Rinse the chicken pieces with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk, and stir in the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Soak the chicken in the milk mixture for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the flour and seasoned salt (if using) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat completely in the flour. Shake off any excess, and set the chicken aside on a rack to dry.
- Scoop the Bacon Up® Bacon Grease into a deep skillet, or deep fryer, and heat it to 350°F. Add chicken thighs and legs, and cook for several minutes.
- Add other chicken pieces, being careful not to overcrowd skillet. Continue cooking, turning once, until chicken pieces are golden brown and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and serve warm, or at room temperature.